FERNDALE, Wash. — The Ferndale Chamber of Commerce held their 64th annual general meeting and awards banquet Thursday, January 16th at the Silver Reef Hotel Casino. Many in attendance were recognized and given awards.
The following is a list of this year’s awards and recipients.
- Small Business of the Year – Rockwood Realty
- Large Business Member of the Year – Phillips 66 Ferndale Refinery
- Environmental Star Award – Barron Heating & Air Conditioning
- Community Impact Award – BP Cherry Point Refinery
- Emerging Business of the Year Award – FrinGe Brewing
- Nonprofit of the Year Award – Ferndale Food Bank
- Ambassador of the Year – BJ Mattaini, Mattaini Insurance
- Board Member of the Year – Rusti Elefson, Peoples Bank
- President’s Award – RB McKeon, BP Cherry Point Refinery
- Spirit of Ferndale & Lifetime Achievement Award: Pete Harksell, Pete’s Auto Repair
Chamber Executive Director Anya Milton said an awards committee, made up of Chamber board members and general members selected winners based on solicited recommendations and membership status.