FERNDALE, Wash. — Whatcom County Fire District 7 firefighters were dispatched to report of a residential fire in the 2000 block of Brown Road about 7am this morning, February 13th.
WCFD7 Fire Chief Larry Hoffman said fire had broken out in the chimney of the 2-story residence and spread to framing around it while 5 people were inside.
Hoffman said firefighters extinguished the fire and performed salvage and overhaul, limiting damage to the area around the chimney. There were no injuries.
The area around the chimney suffered an estimated $20,000 in damage, but no one was displaced by the fire according to Hoffman.