Look in your mail this Saturday, May 2, for details and possibly a plastic bag to hold your non-perishable food donations for this years’ “Stamp Out Hunger” food drive.
Next Saturday, May 9th, hang your donations in a plain plastic bag on your mailbox and Ferndale letter carriers will pick them up.
Everything donated will be delivered to the Ferndale Food Bank where it will be made available to your Ferndale neighbors.
Most-wanted nonperishable foods include
Look for foods high in nutrition and low in sugar and fat, such as:
- canned meats (tuna, chicken, salmon)
- canned and boxed meals (soup, chili, stew, macaroni and cheese)
- canned or dried beans and peas (black, pinto, lentils)
- pasta, rice cereal
- canned fruits, 100 percent fruit juice (canned, plastic or boxed)
- canned vegetables
- cooking oil, boxed baking mixes
- Rusty or unlabeled cans
- glass containers
- perishable items
- homemade items
- noncommercial canned or packaged items
- alcoholic beverages
- mixes or soda
- open or used items