According to a news story posted by the The Bellingham Herald, Ferndale Mayor Gary Jensen has announced he is a big believer in term limits and does not plan to run for re-election this year.
Mayor Jensen is quoted as saying, “I’m very positive that (Ferndale’s) bright future will be well served by a new citizen or citizens stepping forward to serve,”
Jensen plans to run for a Port of Bellingham commissioner position instead.
Mayor Jensen has a long history serving the Ferndale community that starts with his father, a former Ferndale Chief of Police and Gary’s service and leadership with high school athletics, his time as a Ferndale City Council Member and his two terms as mayor.
If that were not enough, other positions Jensen has served and been appointed include
- Past President, Whatcom Old Settlers
- Board Member, Ferndale Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Governors Advisory Board
- Past President, State of Washington Plumbers
- Ferndale “Man of the Year” 2005
- Local Business Owner – Sullivan Plumbing