Send news tips/photos

- advertisement -Click for more information
March 25, 2019 | 9:29am
- advertisement -Click for more information

Click here to support community news

|

Send news tips/photos

WCFD7 responded to two Ferndale businesses this morning

The smell of smoke when employees arrived at two businesses this morning was enough to warrant a response from Whatcom County Fire District 7 units.

Early this morning, employees at Ferndale YMCA on Barrett Road called 911 after smelling smoke inside the building. WCFD7 units were dispatched and, according to Assistant Fire Chief Larry Hoffman, We felt there was a problem with the furnace on the roof of the YMCA and isolated the power to that unit.”

Then later, shortly after 8am, employees at Rite Aid at 3rd Avenue and Main Street reported smoke inside the building in the area of the coolers. According to Hoffman, they were unable to determine a cause but speculated, “perhaps a faulty smoke detector or possibly the result of a gust of the NE wind caused the furnace to back up into the building.”

Both businesses remained open and were continuing business as usual.

Advertisements

- Story continues after advertisement - Click for more information

 

Joe Beaulaurier
Joe Beaulaurierhttps://MyFerndaleNews.com/
Beaulaurier is the founder of My Ferndale News. As a Ferndale resident, he hopes to empower the community with free access to news that matters and makes a difference in the day-to-day challenges faced while we work and live in the Ferndale area.

Stop missing out! Be in-the-know!
Receive emails with the latest My Ferndale News stories headlines for free.
Subscribe below.