FERNDALE, Wash. — After Councilmember Ramon Llanos announced he was resigning his City Council seat effective November 30th the process to accept applications for replacement candidates began.
The application deadline was December 4th and the following applications were accepted by the deadline according to City staff.
- Connie Faria – former City Councilmember, currently serving on City Planning Commission
- Maralise Fegan – former candidate for City Council, currently serving on City Planning Commission
- Todd McKernan -former candidate for City Council, currently Chair of City Parks, Recreation & Trails Advisory Board
- Stacy Miller – former candidate for City Council, served on City Planning Commission
- Jon Mutchler – former City Councilmember and Mayor
It is expected that during the January 4, 2021 regular City Council meeting the remaining 6 Councilmembers will consider the applications, hear brief presentations from the candidates and vote on which one will immediately assume the seat on the council until someone can be elected during the 2021 General Election. The current term for the position ends December 31, 2021.