Press "Enter" to skip to content

How would you vote on these bills being discussed in the current state legislative session?

Washington legislative representatives are currently dealing with over 2500 bills during the current regular legislative session. This is far less than the nearly 4000 bills presented during the 2018-19 regular session. They have until 5pm on March 13th to consider and pass the bills from their house of origin (ie. Senate or House). Then they have until April 17th to consider and pass the bills from the other house (opposite house).

If you were a legislator, how would you vote on the following handful of bills currently making their way through the legislative process?

If the United States congress amends federal law to authorize states to observe daylight saving time year round, the legislature intends that Washington state make daylight saving time the permanent time of the state and all of its political subdivisions.

Click here for the latest bill text.

- Story continues after advertisement -
Comments Box SVG iconsUsed for the like, share, comment, and reaction icons
⁣
Definition of Raspberry: ⁣
𝘒𝘯 𝘦π˜₯π˜ͺ𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘢π˜ͺ𝘡 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘒𝘡𝘦π˜₯ 𝘡𝘰 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘒𝘀𝘬𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘺, 𝘀𝘰𝘯𝘴π˜ͺ𝘴𝘡π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘒 𝘀𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘡𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘳𝘦π˜₯π˜₯π˜ͺ𝘴𝘩-𝘱π˜ͺ𝘯𝘬 π˜₯𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘡𝘴. ⁣
⁣
Quite possibly my favorite berry we grow. What’s your favorite berry? ⁣
⁣
Also, if you’ve read this far, we are keeping strawberry upick open one more day, Wednesday July 8th. There are still some good ones out there! ⁣

β£πŸ“Έ: @klagarcia
#boxxberryfarm #pacificnorthwest #ferndale #washingtonstate #raspberries #berryfarm #berries #whatcomcounty #bellingham #summer #love #bestofthenorthwest #eatlocal #supportlocalfarms #upick #upickraspberries #upickfarm #farm #farmer #strawberries #strawberry #upickstrawberries

⁣
Definition of Raspberry: ⁣
⁣
Quite possibly my favorite berry we grow. What’s your favorite berry? ⁣
⁣

β£πŸ“Έ: @klagarcia
... See MoreSee Less

6211 Northwest Dr - (360) 380-2699

Click for more information

Prohibit the use of single-use plastic carryout bags statewide and require a pass-through charge on recycled content paper carryout bags and reusable carryout bags made of film plastic

Click here for the latest bill text.

By September 1, 2021, every public school must provide comprehensive sexual health education as an integral part of the curriculum that is evidence-informed, medically and scientifically accurate, age-appropriate, and inclusive for all students.

Click for more information

Β

Click here for the latest bill text.

The legislature finds that local school boards are required by federal law to adopt school safety plans and existing public law already allows local school boards to use school resource officers or hire private security officers. The legislature further finds that for some school districts this can be cost-prohibitive.

The board of directors of a school district may adopt a written policy authorizing one or more permanent employees of a school located within the school district to possess firearms on school grounds.

Click here for the latest bill text.

[For the purposes of enrolling in public school], A philosophical or personal objection may not be used to exempt a child from the measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine.

Click here for the latest bill text.

What other bills are currently being discussed that you have found interesting, concerning or worth pointing out? Add to the story in the comments below.

8 Comments

1. Sky Sky March 6, 2019 at 4:13pm

Tax payers lives matter

2. Aron Thompson Aron Thompson March 6, 2019 at 6:46pm

The bloated, obese number of bills they are considering itself makes the case that WA State government has gotten out of hand, but what could possibly go wrong?…

3. Cathy Bena Cathy Bena March 6, 2019 at 7:18pm

Doug Erickson should run for Govenor.

4. Gordie Thomas Gordie Thomas March 6, 2019 at 7:59pm

Washington State has become a very tax happy state and with the current government it’s only going to get worse. You can tax yourself out of a place to live and it’s happening in Ferndale and Washington State.

5. Marvin Waschke Marv Waschke March 7, 2019 at 5:42pm

I am in favor of good government, not necessarily small government. There is a right size for everything.

I was a corporate manager for many years. I was not judged on what I spent but on the profits my division delivered to the corporation.

I approach taxes the same way. I don’t mind paying taxes if they build the community and country. Judging by the condition of the streets and highways and the infrastructure in general we could do with more taxes, not less, today.

I am from the Kennedy generation that was urged to ask what I could do for my country and community, not how much I could rake out of the community trough, as I see too many folks trying to do now. Both at the top, middle, and bottom of the wealth spectrum. I regret contributing more to corporate wealth than community wealth, but I try to do my part by helping where I can, pushing for good government, and cheerfully paying for the government we all need with my taxes.

Low taxes do not equate to a good life, nor do high taxes. In my view, everyone doing their best to build a strong and prospering community does lead to a good life for everyone. Don’t fall for the lazy trap of thinking that reducing taxes will automatically improve anything. Improving government will improve our lives, but that takes work from all of us.

6. Ryan Walter Ryan Walter March 7, 2019 at 7:25pm

Bureaucrats rip off the taxpayer. Time to fight back.

7. Ryan Walter Ryan Walter March 9, 2019 at 8:35pm

Cathy Bena,

I agree.

Ryan Walter

8. Paul S. Ingram Paul S. Ingram March 13, 2019 at 2:57pm

To the commentators re: How would you vote on these bills etc. Good thoughts one and all, but you missed the point completely. The object here was to try to provide some input / feedback to our representatives in Olympia.
    When I was on the City Council for eight years, one of the most frustrating things we dealt with on a regular basis, was the total lack of input from our citizens. No matter the project, we were operating on our own feel for the issue when we were supposed to represent the citizens that elected us.
    I know, that at least two of our elected officials follow FRN so anything we can post here has to be a welcome treat in their “in baskets.”
    I hope that Joe can find the time to follow things in the legislature and post further surveys in the future.
    We all complain, but never seem to be able to find the time to give our input and yes, no matter what we think they do listen, they may not say so, but trust me on this one. They do.

Comments are closed.