- plagiarize the work of others, fail to acknowledge source material, or use images that belong to others without their permission
- abuse, threaten or verbally attack other members, individuals, or My Ferndale News owners, publisher or staff. We do not tolerate bullies, and we’ll do our best to spot them and get rid of them
- post libelous, obscene or pornographic material or content that contains racist, sexist, homophobic and other slurs
- deliberately post stories that are untrue, false or misleading or that make false representations about the poster him/herself
- Post, transmit, upload or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, obscene, harmful, defamatory, invasive of other’s privacy, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable
- be accountable for stories they post and follow up by correcting known errors
- resist attacks, insults and threats and instead remain civil and focused on the ideas being presented rather than the individuals expressing them
- promote interactivity and dialogue that supports real community collaboration
- avoid the use of ALL CAPS in their comments as that is seen by others as shouting. At a maximum, we request no more than three ALL CAPS word per comment.
This Code of Conduct was based, with permission, nearly in its entirety on the same at MyEdmondsNews.com, the longest-running online news source for the Edmonds, Washington, community.