Press "Enter" to skip to content

New business to introduce Ferndale to axe throwing

FERNDALE, Wash. — A new business slated to move into the former International Athletic building at 2044 Main Street will encourage customers to throw axes.

Bigfoot Axe Throwing President Bodean Norris says they are planning to open the business late this month.

Norris said customers will check-in at the front desk and staff will take them to their assigned lane and explain the rules. Staff can also teach the proper form for throwing an axe if needed. The rest of the time is for the customers to spend perfecting their form or playing games similar to dart games.

A portion of admission sales will be donated to Axes of Glory, a program that helps veterans get back to work according to Norris.

- Story continues after advertisement - Click for more information

It will be a family-oriented business, Norris said, with throwing coaches and safety axes for younger throwers. There will be axe leagues, weekly axe throws and cornhole tournaments. The business will be open weekdays from mid-afternoon with longer hours on the weekends.

Beer, wine, soda and kombucha beverages will be available to purchase along with snack foods.

Norris said the company behind Bigfoot Axe Throwing is in the process of buying the building.

Comments Box SVG iconsUsed for the like, share, comment, and reaction icons
Nomad Planet is at Kauai.
Nomad Planet
missing the local marketsss 🌝 // when can we gather again ?¿
#handmadejewelry #metaphysical #metaphysicalhealing #crystallove #copperflow #copperjewelry #hawaii #kauai #localbusiness  @ Kauai

missing the local marketsss 🌝 // when can we gather again ?¿

#handmadejewelry #metaphysical #metaphysicalhealing #crystallove #copperflow #copperjewelry #hawaii #kauai #localbusiness @ Kauai
... See MoreSee Less

Hand-wrapped crystals and other handmade jewelry
from Kaua'i, Hawaii
CLICK HERE to view our inventory

Click for more information

More details are available at their website, BigfootAxeThrowing.com.

7 Comments

1. Bob Shumake Bob Shumake January 9, 2020 at 11:19am

Are you kidding me? Axe throwing is bad enough but combining axe throwing with alcoholic beverages consumption? It seems totally out or realm with common sense…

• Erik Martinson Erik Martinson January 9, 2020 at 2:46pm

If designated throwing lanes and trained staff on hand gets your panties in a bunch, I bet your head explodes when people talk about going to a gun range…

• Dave Smith Dave Smith January 10, 2020 at 6:12am

Erik I think his point is that is the combination of alcohol and axes, not the lanes.

• Eric Rainaud-Hinds Eric Rainaud-Hinds January 9, 2020 at 2:53pm

Bob,
      I didn’t know much about the sports of axe throwing either until recently. I think it will be great to see it added as an option for a local, indoor physical activity. Like cornhole and pong, it’s extremely popular all over the country (even internationally) but just recently growing in popularity in our area.
      Check out the International Axe Throwing Federation website: http://www.nationalaxe.com/a
      Blade & Timber out of the Seattle area: https://bladeandtimber.com/ and Basecamp Pong & Axe from Boise: https://grabthehandle.com/
      As you’ll see, beer is always right along side (with rarely a band-aid ever even being needed, lol).
      Cheers!

• diANA HICKS diANA HICKS January 9, 2020 at 4:23pm

Why can’t I see peoples comments? I have tried to subscribe and I don’t think I did.

2. David Reece David Reece January 10, 2020 at 8:38am

I think it’s a great idea. I used to throw Axes. And having bean bag tourneys and gaming would be fun. Have a beer and hang out with your friends!

3. Joel Hansen Joel Hansen January 10, 2020 at 1:27pm

Cant wait to try it out. Sounds like a lot of fun to me.

Comments are closed.