The Nooksack River was expected to rise to nearly 19 feet at Ferndale, the official flood stage, but crested overnight at 17.1 feet before beginning to recede.
As of this morning, the following Ferndale area roads remain closed or otherwise impacted by river flooding.
* Slater Road between LaBounty Drive and Ferndale Road is closed (suggested alternate routes)
* Barrett Road north of W Axton Road is closed
* Paradise Road at Barrett Road is closed
* Marine Drive between Rural Avenue and Lummi Shore Drive/Road is closed
* Ferndale Road between Slater Road and Marine Drive is closed
* Ferndale Road between Slater Road and Ulrich Road has water over the roadway
The river level is forecast to fall below 15 feet early this afternoon, providing the opportunity to begin reopening roads when possible.