Whatcom County Fire District 17 personnel were dispatched to a report of a residential structure fire in the 4300 block of Sucia Drive at 1:35am this morning.
According to WCFD17 Fire Chief Jim Petrie, the single-story residence was fully involved when they arrived. 2 engines from WCFD17 and 1 from WCFD7 responded.
A woman at the residence had awoke to find fire coming from a printer and electrical power strip, Petrie said. She tried to extinguish it herself but was unable. After determining the only occupant had been accounted for as safe, firefighters turned their efforts toward protecting the adjacent houses.
The Whatcom County Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating according to Petrie. The house was a total loss. There were no injuries.