Ferndale School Board directors typically hold their regular meetings at 7pm on the last Tuesday of each month. This month it has been moved it up a week and will be held tonight at 7:30pm. A special meeting of the School Board has also been scheduled for tonight at 6pm. Both meetings are scheduled to be held in the Vista Middle School library.
The agenda for the special meeting includes 2 items.
- Review and Approve the Interpretations and Monitoring Indicators for Operational Expectations Policy 12 (OE-12): Facilities
- This document (click here to view the draft) defines how the board measures the district’s performance in creating and maintaining the district’s facilities in relation to priorities established by the board.
- Discussion with Bond Oversight Committee Members About Their Working Relationship with the School Board
The agenda for the regular meeting is much more detailed and can be viewed online by clicking here. Notable items include:
- Superintendent Linda Quinn and Mark Deebach will report on the Capital Projects Bond.
- It will include the topic of the City of Ferndale’s proposal for the Old Main building on the Ferndale High School campus.
- Adopt Resolution No. 3-2019 Issuance and Sale of Unlimited Tax General Obligation Bonds
- A resolution authorizing the bond issue approved by voters in the last special election
- Authorize Interlocal Agreement Between the District and City of Ferndale for School Resource Officer Services (on Superintendent’s Consent Agenda)
- This is a new agreement that reflects the city’s request to be reimbursed for 100% of the officer’s cost prorated by the number of days at service to the district beginning with the 2019-20 school year.
- Revise 2018-2019 School Calendar
- “Snow days” to be made up June 17th, 18th and 19th (2 snow days were waived). For seniors graduating June 8th, Saturday school opportunities will be provided on May 4th and 11th.
- Adopt Calendars for 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 School Year
- New on both proposed calendars is a day off on January 22nd “Treaty Day”
Ferndale School Board meetings are open to the public to observe. Public comment is received during that segment of the agenda.