DATE: August 27, 2020
TIME: 11:30am to 1pm
VENUE: Ferndale Senior Center
ORGANIZER: Whatcom Council on Aging
COST: suggested donation of $5
Older adults throughout Whatcom County are invited to join the Whatcom Council on Aging (WCOA) and local senior centers for Picnic with a Purpose. The event, which replaces the annual Senior Day in the Park picnic, will include a week of drive-through cookouts at five senior centers throughout the County.
Picnic with a Purpose is a week of physical distancing drive-through cookouts and resource bag distributions at 5 Whatcom County senior centers the between August 24th and 28th. Participants will receive a delicious take-away meal as well as a bag filled with resources and swag from local businesses and programs serving seniors’ needs for housing, transportation, recreation, health and wellness and more. Event sponsors include VibrantUSA, Kaiser Permanente and Signature Healthcare at Home.
The entire schedule:
- Monday, 8/24th, 12pm to 1pm at Sumas Senior Center
- Tuesday, 8/25th, 11:30am to 1pm at Lynden Senior Center
- Thursday, 8/27th, 11:30am to 1pm at Ferndale Senior Activity Center
- Thursday, 8/27th, 11:30am to 1pm at Blaine Senior Center
- Friday, 8/28th, 11:30am to 1pm at Bellingham Senior Activity Center.
There is a suggested donation of $5 or whatever is affordable with all donations going to benefit Whatcom County senior centers.
Contact us with information about your Ferndale area event and we will share it with the community.