FERNDALE, Wash. — As the Nooksack River level appears to be cresting this morning, January 3rd, at about 15.5 feet, some roads are being impacted by water and debris over the roadway.
As of 7am this morning, the following were observed:
- both lanes at the corner of Barrett and Paradise Roads were covered with water and debris
- both lanes of Imhof Road between Douglas Road and Ulrich Road were covered with water and debris
- both lanes in the 5000 block of Ferndale Road (north of Slater Rd) were covered with water and debris
- Slater Road was clear of water and debris
- water and debris were across 1 lane in the 4400 block of Ferndale Road (south of Slater Rd)
- water and debris were across 1 lane of Marine Drive west of Ferndale Road
The current Nooksack River level forecast at Ferndale says to expect the river to crest at about the 15.5-foot mark this morning. Soil saturation is high following recent rains so it is possible any impacts may linger longer than is typical.