6:10am: Good morning. Temperatures are in the low 50s in the Ferndale area under cloudy skies with winds from the southwest. Air quality in the area is being reported in the GOOD range. Gusts up to 48mph were recorded overnight at a weather station near Ferndale High School.
Heavy rains in the mountains have caused the Nooksack River to rise significantly over the past 18 hours and the river level at Ferndale is forecast to continue to rise until cresting within a foot of official flood stage tonight. Currently, the river level is approaching 17 feet. The following roads have been impacted by the resulting floodwater.
- Barrett Road north of W Axton Road is closed
- Paradise Road at Barrett Road is closed
- Marine Drive between Rural Avenue and Lummi Shore Drive/Road is closed
- Ferndale Road between Slater Road and Marine Drive is closed
- Ferndale Road between Slater Road and Ulrich Road has water over the roadway
As of 5:30am, there was no indication of water approaching lanes of traffic on Slater Road east of the Nooksack River bridge.
Otherwise Commute routes in and out of Ferndale are currently open with no visible surprises. Check the real-time DF traffic cams page to view commute time estimates anytime by clicking here.
TODAY’S WEATHER FORECAST
- [wunderground location=”Ferndale, WA” numdays=”1″ layout=”table-horizontal” iconset=”incredible” showdata=”daynames,pop,icon,text,alerts,night” hidedata=”search,date”]
[tribe_events_list venue=”yes” cost=”yes” ]