The Ferndale Chamber of Commerce held their annual Awards Dinner Friday night at the Bellingham Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites.
The following is a list of this year’s awards and recipients.
- Spirit of Ferndale Award – Flow Motion
- Environmental Star Award – Samson Rope
- Member of the Year – Ferndale Grocery Outlet
- Executive Director’s Award – Ferndale Haggen
- President’s Award – BPOC Services
- Community Outreach Award – Baker Septic Tank Pumping Inc.
- Community Service Award – Ferndale Community Service Cooperative
- Emerging Business of the Year Award – Rockwood Realty
- Woman on Fire Award – Whatcom Community College President Kathi Hiyane-Brown
- Ambassador of the Year – Alivia Jelinski
- Board Member of the Year – Anya Milton
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Diane Blakesley of Kelly’s O’Deli Catering
The Ferndale Chamber of Commerce produces notable events in Ferndale including the Ferndale Street Festival, Downtown Trick-or-Treating, Flicks in the Park, Spring Run Off 5K & 10K run/walk and the community holiday tree lighting. Chamber volunteers are also responsible for hanging and maintaining decorative flower baskets and holiday lights hung from light standards along Main Street and other streets.