A Kiwanis-sponsored summer camp for high school juniors and seniors interested in a career in law enforcement is being offered again this summer. It is held annually at the Washington State Patrol Academy located in Shelton Washington.
The purpose of this Kiwanis Youth camp is to provide attendees with an opportunity to explore the various areas of job opportunities. It offers exposure to problems encountered daily by law enforcement officers and how to handle these situations in a professional manner.
This year’s camp is scheduled for July 19 to 25.
- Be between 15-18 years of age.
- Have completed 10th or 11th grade by the beginning of camp.
- Have no criminal record (checked on-line through WATCH https://fortress.wa.gov/wsp/watch/ ).
- Be healthy and capable of strenuous exercise and stress.
- Be interested in a Criminal Justice career.
For more details and an application form visit the camp page on the WSP website. Deadline for applications is May 9, 2015.